|Taster||Max. 4 hours (Mon-Fri, Oct-Apr)||£99|
|Day or Overnight||After 9 - before 18 OR after 17 - before 10||£129|
|Full Day||Max. 24 hours||£149|
|Day +||Max. 32 hours||£219|
|2 Days||Max. 48 Hours||£249|
|Short Weekend||56 Hours||£329|
|Extra Day||+24 Hours||£100|
The Austin-Healey Sprite is a small open top sports car which was produced in the United Kingdom from 1958 to 1971. The Sprite was designed by the Donald Healey Motor Company, with production being undertaken at the MG factory at Abingdon. It first went on sale at a price of £669, using a tuned version of the Austin A-Series engine and as many other components from existing cars as possible to keep costs down.
This great fun little sports car is perfect for the New Forest. It’s small, lightweight and handles like it’s on rails!
Not suited for taller or lesser-mobile drivers as the cockpit is on the smaller side.
Our Austin-Healey was built in 1972, making it one of the last Sprites ever built.
Taster (4 hour) hire includes 50 miles. Daily hire includes 100 miles per day. 60p/mile overage.
We can deliver/collect this car to your venue or home – Click here for details (NOTE: Delivery is not available for the 4 hour taster drive)
Security deposit (credit/debit card pre-authorisation only, cancelled on safe return of the car) – £1000 (or reduced to £250 if you purchase Collision Damage Waiver at £15/24 hours).
Driver age 25-75. UK/EU license held for 2+ years.
No license suspensions within the past 3 years.
No more than ONE fault incident within the past 3 years.
No more than 2 convictions of 3 points per conviction.
BA/DD/UT convictions cannot be accepted.
Insurance excess – £1500 (Reduced to £250 if you purchase Collision Damage Waiver at £15/24 hours).
All of our classic, vintage and sports cars are available for wedding hire, prom hire or just for fun in the New Forest, Southampton, Winchester, Salisbury, Bournemouth, Poole and Portsmouth areas.
1) Click ‘Book Now’ above (scroll back up the page) – PLEASE NOTE THAT AVAILABILITY SHOWN ON THIS WEBSITE IS LIVE AND IN REAL TIME!
2) Select your date and time for collection and return, the cost is calculated automatically. NOTE: Your handover time is +- 30 minutes of your requested start time, late arrivals can not always be accomodated so please confirm in advance if you need to change your handover time.
3) NOTE: If the time is greyed out, then the car is already booked to somebody else and is unavailable for that time period. Click ‘continue’ to confirm the times.
4.1) To add an extra driver, click ‘Add extra driver/day’.
4.2) Then click ‘Add to booking’. Add CDW (where available) in the same way.
5) Fill in your details to the form and tick the ‘accept terms’ button. Our terms and conditions are shown here: Click here for terms and conditions
6) If you have a gift certificate, click ‘Gift Certificate’ and enter the full code, including hyphens (example: G123456-789-101112), it will automatically calculate the value.
7) Choose whether to pay a deposit, or the balance in full.
8) Fill in your card details to our secure payment provider and click the green ‘Pay’ button.
Your booking is now instantly confirmed!
Please note these important sections of our terms and conditions For full terms and conditions, click here (opens in a new window)
1. Have held a full UK, EU or EEA including Switzerland driving licence for not less than 2 years.
2.(a) Have not more than 6 points on their licence (for minor offences, e.g. SP30) committed over the preceeding five years.
3. Have not had more than 1 fault claim for accidents or loss during the previous 3 years.
9. Be over 5’0" and under 6’3" tall and weigh less than 16 stone. Under 5’0" please call before booking. Not all cars are suitable for taller people, please check before booking.
6.Give at least 28 days notice of cancellation for which a full refund will be issued. Notice received less than 28 days from date of hire will incur the full hire charge in accordance with the tariff for that vehicle and no refund shall be due.
11. Arrive within ±30 minutes of the booking arrival time for a handover. Early or late arrivals cannot always be accomodated and extra charges will apply for late arrivals.
7.1 Driven within the London orbital motorway (M25), to any port or outside of the mainland Britain.
7.2 Driven more than 50 miles from our base unless agreed prior to booking. Vehicles taken more than 50 miles from our base are not covered for breakdown or recovery and any such costs are the responsibility of the hirer.
11. Returned to us in an undamaged condition and containing a full tank of petrol
12. Available for you to collect at your appointment time as detailed in your booking email – failure to arrive on time will result in your hire being foreshortened or may result in cancellation if we are unable to accommodate your late arrival due to our other commitments. It is essential if you are going to arrive late that you provide us with as much notice as possible.
-21.1 Vehicles must be returned promptly at the end of the hire period. Please allow sufficient time for re-fuelling the car on your return journey.
-21.2 Vehicles returned without being fully re-fuelled will be charged at the prevailing rate for fuel plus a £20 surcharge.
-21.3 We close promptly at 18:00. If no contact is made by 18:00 to confirm a late return, the hire period will automatically be extended to the next morning and charged at the prevailing rate.
-21.4 Late returns where notified will be charged at:
i) A waiting time of £15 per 15 minutes for the first 60 minutes and £40 per 15 minutes subsequently.
ii) 50% of the ‘4 hour taster drive’ will be charged per hour (or part thereof) for the rental of the car